Toga's Ramblings

I'm a Samoan girl named Toga. Thanks for that, Dad.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

figure it out...

so today is valentine's day and also the day the last payment for the reception hall is due. I woke up early today knowing that my number one priority is to make that payment and get that taken care of. So I get up, get ready, get in my car, say a prayer, and go on my way. I get to the place and of course, the lady is not there. I start to panic a little, but I remind myself to breathe and calm down, everything will be okay. I ask the man across the way when "Kim" (names have been change to protect her privacy, although I really shouldn't care about her privacy since she 'bout messed up my wedding...whatever.) was going to be in. He told me this afternoon cause she takes the bus in and blah, blah,blah...I explain to him my situation and he kindly offers to take my check and "make sure Kim gets it" My thoughts, "get real, dude." My answer, "Oh, no thank you. I need a receipt and would really prefer to hand her the check myself. Thank you for the offer." He kindly directs me to the general manager where I made the last payment, got my receipt, and was informed that Kim wanted to talk to me about some chilli cook off going on the same day as my reception. On my way out, I see "Kim" and I get her attention. I tell her, "Guy" has the check and asked her about this chilli cook off. She then goes to tell me that my wedding was double booked that day and if I want to move my reception downstairs. So I agree to take a look downstairs and it was really, really, UGLY!!! I think I was in a daze, because all I said was, "I'll call you this afternoon" and I walked out.
I call Paaga and I tell her what happened. Then I go and sit in my car and let everything soak in. Just as it hit me, "Kim" calls me. And I asked her what happens if I don't want to move downstairs, this woman had the nerve to say, "Well, we'll refund your money." I told her, "no. You wait until a month before my wedding to tell me this?!?" She said she was gonna call the other people and try to fix this. I told her she needs to figure it out. I will be back this afternoon and she better have something. And then she says a bunch of other blah,blah,blahs that I don't care about and i still told her to FIGURE IT OUT along with a bunch of other words and including Paaga's threats for our lawyers to contact her, needless to say she FIGURED IT OUT and once again all is well. hehe.

1 comment:

  1. so........psycho. lol. poor "kim". i'm gonna go pray for her. haha.

    ReplyDelete