Toga's Ramblings

I'm a Samoan girl named Toga. Thanks for that, Dad.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

"I'm excited for you babe..."

Everyday Alma makes me laugh. Everday he makes me feel loved. And everyday I am thankful for him.
This morning I woke up feeling a bit icky. All night my legs were aching, but I was so tired, I didn't even bother getting up to take some tylenol. I woke up with a stuffy nose, chills, and still aching legs. My loving husband gave me some medicine, an extra blanket, and a kiss on the forehead. He asked me if I needed anything else to just call. What a total sweetheart.
I woke up refreshed! That medicine I took really does knock a girl out! lol. I get up and check on Alma in the next room. He was out for the count. So while Alma slept I wandered around our house trying to keep myself busy. I watched T.V., cooked me something to eat. Washed a couple dishes (I didn't feel like finishing, so I just washed a few...lol), tweezed the brows, and surfed the net. And by "surfing" I meant facebooking, myspace-ing, and blogging. lol
Alma FINALLY woke up and we talked and laughed and he got on the XBOX. eh. It was soon time for din din and so I walked in the kitchen to see what we could eat. During all my "house wandering" I forgot to take meat out the freezer to defrost. oops! *singing* I did it again...lol (that song always pops into my head when I say that!) Lucky for me, Alma says he want to eat saimini w/ spam. Sweet! So I grab two beef flavored saimini pkgs, chop up some spam and get his dinner ready. I opened the fridge to get a drink and I saw the extra steak from Thanksgiving still marinating. Nice. I asked Alma if he wanted that instead. "Nah. I don't like eating steaks if they're not grilled on the bbq" Pssh. Okay Rachel Ray. lol. So I decide I want to eat it.
So while my husband is eating his saimini I'm chowing down on my steak and stove top stuffing. Yummy! I gave Alma a piece and he was shocked at how delicious it tasted! I guess when you marinate meat for 2 days, it tastes awesome. It really was good. It tasted better then the steaks we had on Thanksgiving! If you read my last blog, you know how we felt about our Thanksgiving steaks. lol.
I started to feel bad that I was eating steak and stuffing, while my husband was eating saimini and spam. Both very tasty, however, one is better than the other. I offered my dinner to Alma and he kindly refused. I said, "I thought you liked it? You said it was really good" "I know hon. It is. It's actually REALLY good. You go ahead though." "okay." A few seconds later, he looks at me and says, "I'm really excited for you babe. That steak is so good!" bwahahahaha! Kalofae. Needless to say we split the steak.

1 comment:

  1. lmbo @ Alma!! that's code for please give me some more...can i have some of that steak? sounds really good and yes it's much better the longer it marinates :)

    ReplyDelete