Toga's Ramblings

I'm a Samoan girl named Toga. Thanks for that, Dad.

Monday, September 28, 2015

confusion and delay

Simione loves Thomas the Train. In the cartoon there's the conductor of the entire railway and his name is Sir Topham Hat. He's always talking to the trains scolding them because they've caused "confusion and delay"
This past weekend, the start of General Conference began. We had the General Women's session and it was awesome, as usual. :) I had been praying all week for help as I spiritually and mentally prepare for the conference. I've always had the desire to have more children and this past week, my prayers both at home and at the temple have been for more children.
During conference, there was a video shown of  a sister who had not had an opportunity to have her own children, but she was a Mother. She was surrounded with her nieces and nephews and the primary children she taught at church. She taught them, nurtured them, loved them and cared for them just like a mother would.
Of course, when I'm watching this story, I'm thinking "Uh, is this me?! Is this Heavenly Father telling me that I won't have anymore children?" Truth is, I don't know. I don't know if Heavenly Father is going to bless us with more children. Am I causing confusion and delay? Is my lack of faith and knowledge in my Father's plan for me causing the confusion and delay in my "moving on" from thoughts of having more children of my own? I don't know.
What I do know, is that I need to be patient. As much as I know that sometimes Heavenly Father does not answer prayers right away, it doesn't stop me from wanting an answer now. What I do know is that He answers them. Maybe not today or tomorrow or maybe even next week or next month, but He will. He always does. That is my test, I guess. Having faith in my Father in Heaven. Having faith that He will answer my prayers. Maybe that video was not meant for me. As I'm typing "faith", I think of Pres. Uchtdorf's talk; faith, hope, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment