Toga's Ramblings

I'm a Samoan girl named Toga. Thanks for that, Dad.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

tender mercies

Each day I recognize the tender mercies placed upon me by my Father in Heaven. Yesterday was no different. As you know, I made a commitment to attend the temple this week. No matter what. My plan was to go yesterday/last night when Alma got home from work. I was preparing myself all day; spiritually and physically. Alma texted me saying this Saturday the last session would be at 9a because of the Women's broadcast that afternoon and then closed the following Saturday due to conference. I knew we had discussed me attending a Saturday morning session, but I didn't realize he had already mentally prepared for me to attend at that time. I had been preparing myself to attend today (yesterday). I told him I wanted to go tonight and he was obviously okay with it. yes!
I realized during my "preparation" our youth had practice at the chapel for the upcoming 150 year celebration of the church coming to Laie. A practice I wanted to attend to show my support for the girls and for the presidency. It was at the same time as the temple session. I started to re think my temple attendance and almost decided to forgo my session and go to the practice. Almost. I didn't want to but I could once again feel myself making an excuse as to why I couldn't go to the temple. This time it was to magnify my calling, so that's not bad, right? I text the sisters to let them I wasn't going to attend and slowly but surely each one of them except the president and the 2nd counselor backed out. I was feeling pretty bad about myself, but I still wasn't willing to cancel my temple trip. Shortly after, Alice (YW pres) text and said she just received an email from the stk stating practice is cancelled. hallelujah!!!!
Simione woke up from his nap yesterday with a fever :( All day I have been monitoring his fever, hydrating him, and giving meds as needed. He is still eating and acting the same and that is a HUGE PLUS. Alma gave him a blessing before he left to work and instantly my fears were washed away. When it came time for me to leave for my session, Simione's fever was still present, but low. Alma was there taking care of him and so I felt just fine going.
What a wonderful session I had!!!! God lives! He loves us! Jesus Christ is truly our Savior. The love they have for me overwhelms me. My heart is full.
When I think back about my day, I am so grateful for all His tender mercies leading me to His house to do His work and to feel His presence so much more. I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. I know He lives. I know He loves me. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for His atonement. I know that families can be together forever if we keep His commandments and keep the covenants we make with Him in His house and each week when we partake of the sacrament. Hallelujah! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment