Toga's Ramblings

I'm a Samoan girl named Toga. Thanks for that, Dad.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday.

I know I'm a day late, but I'm gonna talk about our Easter Sunday anyways. 8-) Alma and I decided to go to Phyllis' ward, because we were too tired to drive all the way out to Portland. It's an hour drive! It doesn't help that we stay up so late and because we're not teenagers anymore, we do not wake up with enough energy like we used to. ugh.
Sacrament meeting was nice. There were 4 speakers total, but one really caught my attention. I love Easter because of the special attention the atonement is given. I love the encouragement to utilize the atonement more in our lives. I love the reminders of the sacrifice our Savior made for us. I love how I am reminded of His love. I love how when I think of His love, I can feel His love. During sacrament my poor husband was struggling to pay attention, because he was trying to remember what he did with his wallet. He thought it was in the car, but it wasn't. So he was racking his mind trying to figure out what he did with it. 8-(
After sacrament meeting we decided to leave and try to find his wallet. We re-traced his steps from the day before...nothing. I felt so bad for him.
We went to Phyllis's house for tona'i and for their annual Easter Egg Hunt. It was a bittersweet experience for me. Getting to know my new family has been a great experience for me, but it makes me miss my family so much more. Easter wasn't any different. I couldn't help but miss my family and miss watching the kids FINALLY be able to WALK around and look for the eggs. Last year Zei and Jojo were the only ones who could walk. 8) This year, Leila and Max could actually participate on their own. Watching the kids here do the same is/was...well...BORING! lmbo!
Other than the boring-ness that was the egg hunt, everything else was great. The food was freakin' AH-MAY-SING!!! That Phyllis can throw down on the shepard's pie. lol.

1 comment: