Toga's Ramblings

I'm a Samoan girl named Toga. Thanks for that, Dad.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

one couple. two beds. and a couch.

Everyone who knows me, knows that when it comes to moe moe time I do so on the couch. It's been this way for so long. My back is so accustomed to sleeping on the couch, that when I do sleep on a bed, very rarely is it a comfortable experience for me. So sad, right? But I don't care, because I didn't mind sleeping on the couch. Alma knew this about me and was so sweet about our sleeping arrangements when we got married. He just said, "Well, we'll just have to buy a super comfy couch and put it in our room." What a sweetheart. The first few weeks we were living together, the bed was actually comfortable. Why? IDK. But it was and it was not an issue. Well, it's an issue now. I have no idea why, but all of a sudden the bed was uncomfortable. I could not get settled at night. I was always tossing and turning, complaining of back pains and as a result, keeping my poor husband awake. This kept going on, until I FINALLY found a comfortable way to sleep on our UNcomfortable bed! I had to sleep on it as if it was a day bed. You know, the short way. Of course, when my husband gets off of work that morning he tries to wake me up so I can sleep the right way and so he can fit, but I was OUT! He, being so exhausted from his night shift, decided to just let me be and go sleep in the other room. He woke up so refreshed, because I wasn't sleeping next to him tossing and turning. I woke up refreshed because I finally found a way to sleep on the bed without tossing and turning...as much. Eventually the bed became uncomfortable...again and so now I'm tossing and turning BY MYSELF. ugh. Alma, the sweet, sweet man that he is, tells me to sleep on the bed he's been sleeping on because it's alot more comfy. 8) I try it out. It's comfy enough, but then my nose gets stuffy and now I can't breathe! I am a mess people! 8-( So I decide to go back to what I know, and sleep on the couch. And only last night, have I actually been REALLY comfortable to where I couldn't even wake up this morning when Alma brought me breakfast. I know, right? I SKIPPED breakfast!!! We have been sleeping in seperate beds for the past 4 days. Is it too early in our marriage for that? I thought we had to be married at least 20 years before we slept in seperate beds! We do want to sleep in the same bed, but man, sleeping alone does have it's benefits. We, or HE's so much more refreshed when he wakes up. Today is the first time, I've actually gotten up before him AND feel refreshed! Usually he'll wake me up and I take an extra 10 mins to roll out of bed. When I'm finally ready, we go out and do whatever it is we need to do, and when we're done, I'm EXHAUSTED! I just want to go to bed! It's so bad. I know it's because I spend half the night tossing and turning.
We really do need a new bed. Or a big comfy couch to put in our room. 8) OR I can continue to sleep in the living room and he can still sleep in the room? Then we'll eventually just do our own thing. Go to church seperately, take seperate vacations, eat alone. But we'll totally REFRESHED while we're doing it!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha. Ur such a WEIRDO!!!!!! Poor Alma. He should put u and ur couch outside in that great Oregon weather. That way...when you wake up...you'll already be showered. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete