Toga's Ramblings

I'm a Samoan girl named Toga. Thanks for that, Dad.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

missing my family.

Everyday I try a little bit harder to push myself to get up and "greet the day" (thanks RD). You know, shower, fix my hair, fix my face (yay, for me finding my make-up bag!), clean the house. blah,blah,blah. I even get online and get my myspace,hotmail, bebo, facebook, blog fix. I know, I really need to cut it down. hehe. So today I read Marie's blog titled "Families are Forever". That blog only made me miss my family even more. Thanks alot Marie! :)
I am nowhere near the same situation that Kasala or even Marie is in. But I miss my family nonetheless. Granted I am only 3 hours away from them, but truthfully I feel like it's 3 million miles. I miss the noise. I miss my family. What gives me solace is that they're coming down at the end of the month. I'm really very excited about that.
I feel silly whining about this really when they're only 3 hours away. But that makes no difference to me. To go from being with my family everyday for the past 29 years to just me and my husband is really hard. Don't get me wrong. I love my new life. I do not regret marrying Alma and moving out here. I love being with him all the time. I still miss him when he goes to work! But days like today, I especially miss my family.

2 comments:

  1. awww...i KNOW exactly what you're doing through. i thought after i had ariel it wouldn't be so bad...but nope. i was STILL homesick. maybe you should invest in some hobbies...REAL hobbie. myspace, bebo, facebook...are NOT hobbies. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww! we missed you yesterday at the Easter shin-dig! I thought we'd be over this as soon as alahzei got older...than we started having kids too..fraaaaaak! lol ps..max is totally sitting in the tree house eating candy the kids left in there yesterday hahaha love you guys!

    ReplyDelete