Toga's Ramblings

I'm a Samoan girl named Toga. Thanks for that, Dad.

Monday, April 27, 2009

*sighs* what a great weekend!
















"bye! i love you guys! drive safe! see you in two weeks!" This repeated as I stand and watch The Semeli's and my sister Jay drive away. Just an hour before that I stood on the same spot, yelling the same phrase to Maxi pants and his family. Yesterday, I hugged, kissed and said the same to the Obriens on their way out. As I stood on our driveway waving and yelling my goodbyes, it took me half a second to realize they were ALL gone. My heart sank when this realization hit. Tears immediately started flowing. I go to my room and lay on my bed. Soon after, my loving husbands comes in to comfort me. Even as I sit and type this, my eyes are still watering up.






We had so, so much fun! Nothing short of an amazing time here in the Toelupe house. We spent our days AND nights laughing so hard, we couldn't breathe. Of course in between and alot of times during, we managed to stuff our faces. :)






FRIDAY: The flyest Semelis, my sister Ajay, my Uncle Dino, Mandy Sue and Jeff FINALLY get here. A three hour drive turned into a 10 hour drive! Who stops at EVERY rest stop?!? :) They were here and we were thrilled! After everyone gets a tour of the house and we bump our gums for a while, it's off to TIN TIN'S we go! Our local chinese buffet, of course! :) We say good-bye to my Uncle and Mandy Sue then head back to our place. The O'briens show up that night. FUN, FUN, FUNTIMES! We hang out. Played the WII. Laugh, laugh, laugh, and eat. Our chairs for our dinner table are a bit wigglely wobblely, but I forgot to tell Vi'i...needless to say, we've retired that chair and he suffered a minor back injury and I'm sure his ego was also injured. lol. Maybe if Rita would not have laughed so dang LOUD and HARD for a REALLY long time, it wouldn't have been so bad. Oh yeah, AND she kept POINTING at him! Rita is so rude, sometimes! lol. The boys light up the bonfire thing we've got out back and talk stories like only boys can. :) Of course, we try and join them, but they told us we're too loud. Us? too loud? I don't get it. We all finally fall asleep at about 3am.






SAT: Woodburn shopping center! whooo hooo! We're exhausted from the funtimes the night before, but that does not stop us from waking up NOT at 7am like we planned to leave by 8am, but still earlier than our bodies wanted. Everyone comes home and goes straight to bed. That night everyone except me, mua and the kiddos goes to the J-boog, Laga Savea concert. They had a super great time! We watched the video Vi'i had on his camera and I couldn't hear any singing from J-boog, cause Vii's big mouth was singing too loud!!! lol. While those guys were at the concert, Mua and I decided we would have our own concert at home with the kids. It was sooooo hilarious! I video taped it, but I love my sister and I have decided not to post it. :) But mostly, because I haven't figured out how to do that yet. hehe. But as soon as I do...lol!






Everyone gets home and we spend the next 5 hours talking, eating, laughing. Not necessarily in that order.






SUN: Mua wakes up early, because she heard Max crying. Our deal was whoever heard him first will wake up and also cook breakfast. I heard him crying, but I knew Mua would get up, so I didn't. lol. She cooks breakfast for us. We were contimplating on whether or not we should wake Ebony up because she has a habit of eating ALL the bacon! But sure enough, she comes walking into the kitchen...dangit! She said she could smell the bacon in her room. fat kirl. ;)






The Obrien's and Alma go to church while the rest of us...don't. They go to Phyllis's ward for sacrament meeting then head to her house to get some firewood for the bonfire. We go to Silver Falls state park. Everyone except the Toelupes, Ajay, the kids, Dino and Mandy Sue actually goes down to the falls. My hubby decides to keep it real and NOT go, because he's, "Out of shape" Aj and I don't go because we need to watch the kids. What's so hilarious about this, is the last time Alma and I went to Silver Falls, we didn't go because we weren't wearing the right shoes and we didn't have an oxygen tank. This time around, I wore tennis shoes, we had water, AND yes, we had oxygen tank! LMBO! Why do we have an oxygen tank? I cannot release that reason due to privacy reasons. HIPPA laws are no joke. lol!






We finally make it back home and have a good old fashion BBQ! The Obrien's leave, because Rita has to work the next day. :( She couldn't call in, because she had already called in two days in a row to take care of Aunty when she was sick. Sucks. Thanks alot Aunty. j/k. Phyllis, Nala and the kids came over, along with a bunch of other family/friends. It was so much fun! The food was so good! That crocodile meat was SOOOOOOO GOOOOD, huh Vi'i? LMBO!






We end the night watching the video Alma recorded from our Silver Falls trip earlier that day. First, I just want to say that I had no idea I married a TOTAL CREEPSTER! lol! The guy was filming those guys when they went down to the falls. That's not the creepy part. The creepy part was when he starts filming them THROUGH A BUNCH OF TREES while they were taking the infamous "jumping pictures". I bet if they'd known they were being filmed, Ezra would have tried harder to jump like a human being instead of a frog. lmbo! and Ebony would not have been adjusting her "girls" before her jump and picking her murph TWICE after her jump. LMBO! But I'm pretty sure Rita would have STILL laughed just as hard at Ezra's frogger jump regardless. She really is so rude. lol. We couldn't HEAR them because of the distance, but I will bet money she was laughing the loudest, just like when Vi'i put our chair into permanent retirement. No manners, I tell you. :)






Of course we rewind the tape a few more times and laugh even louder each time. But what put icing on the cake was the end of the tape. Why do you ask? Is it even possible for people to laugh any harder and louder than we already were? YES, YES it is! Alma runs out of film RIGHT at the EXACT time he asks me a question and I answered, "what?" BUT my FACE is FROZEN on tape for the REST OF ETERNITY in the most UGLIEST form because he's RUN OUT OF TAPE AT THAT EXACT MOMENT! aahhhhhh!!!! Of course we laugh so hard, that I think my husband is about to pass out and I'm pretty sure somebody, if not all of these guys have peed their pants a little. lol. I should've been glad that atleast Rita wasn't there, because we all know how RUDE she is. lol. BUUUUT...instead, I had VI'I. ugh. HE'S SOOOOO RUDE!






MONDAY: We kick back today. We eat. Play the Wii. Bake cookies. Eat some more. Finish all our leftovers :) Laugh, of course. They pack up. The Tews are the first to go. :( The Semelis and my baby sister Ajay, leave a couple hours later. :( I cry...alot. My husband comforts me. :) He takes me out to eat. I finally read the card that came with Maxi's easter picture. I cry again. :( We eat. Come home. I blog.






This weekend could not have gone any better. The only people missing were the Kennach's :( We missed you guys. Hopefully next time.






We need you guys to know that we love you so very much. We are fortunate to have family as wonderful and supportive as you. We miss you everyday and ALWAYS look forward to being together again. We thank our Father in Heaven always for blessing us with you. We are proud to call you family. Thank you so much for coming. Please, please, please come back soon! We'll see you guys in two weeks! yay!






All our love,






The Toelupes.

3 comments:

  1. omg :-) juss to let u know i am laughin n cryin at the same time rite now we miss u guys so much n cannot wait to see u guys again lol n rita is kinda rude aint she hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. for someone just waking up and logging in..yes, I do blog before washing my face and grill lol...my eyes are watery, my heart is sad and my MEMORY BOX is FULL! hahahaha. We heart you two to pieces and I'm glad you or me didn't cry when we left, I was training for the good bye before we came down lol. See you guys in two weeks...don't forget the camcorder Alma!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. can I just say that we had so much fun that weekend?!!! Thank you guys for the great laughs (especially Vii) and the unforgetable memories! I heart you all so much. oh for the record I wouldn't say that i'm rude, just honest and open...yeah, that's it...besides why pass up a good laugh? lol! See u guys next week!

    ReplyDelete