Toga's Ramblings

I'm a Samoan girl named Toga. Thanks for that, Dad.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

I wish Joseph was my friend...

I thought I was done posting about my wonderful Sabbath, but I just had to come back and add one more thing. :) We learned about our prophet, Joseph Smith and the wonderful friendship's he had. He had written in his journal about his gratitude towards his wonderful friends. He spoke of their faithfulness, their steadfastness, their love and loyalty to him throughout his life. He often gave thanks for these relationships. We spoke of how we can strengthen our friendships, begin new ones, and even "start over" with old friends.
As I sat and listened to the words of our beloved prophet, I thought of my friends. I found myself reminicing (sp?) of all the great times we shared and how blessed I am to have them. When the subject of friends come up, I often say "I don't have any friends." But I do. I am so very, very blessed when it comes to these people. Each of you have been a great example to me, whether you think so or not. I sat in class naming all of you, tearing up at how much we have shared throughout the years, smiling at how long we've come. And with my thoughts of these people, I also thought of the old friendships I was able to get back. What a wonderful life I have! I pray that one day I may be a good a friend as Joseph Smith. What a great example he is. I wish he were my friend...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment