Toga's Ramblings

I'm a Samoan girl named Toga. Thanks for that, Dad.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy...take one.

I started reading The Miracle of Forgiveness...again. :) I remembered how powerful this book was during my "dark period" haha. I just started reading the book and I've already felt the fires of hell burning at my feet. lol. This week I decided I will try to Keep the Sabbath Day Holy. I woke up, said my prayers, took a shower, got ready...blah,blah,blah. Everything was okay until...my stomach decided it wanted to dispose of some waste...two times! lol. I know that was probably too much information. haha. But because of my stomach issues, we were late to church. So late, that we only got the last 20 mins of sacrament mtg. :( We live an hour away from our ward and so we need to leave at 12pm to get there right in time for church. But all was not lost.
Alma teaches the Y.A. class and today was a good day. Our lesson was on Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy. We are still trying to get to know the Y.A. at our ward and so there's still a bit of "encouragement" we need to give for some class participation. Class was really good today. We talked, we laughed, we read, we shared, I cried.
Usually after Sunday School, we leave. Not today. Today I, Sis. Toelupe was feelin' it! I decided that WE will stay for the rest of church. It was combined class today, so Alma and I were together.
On our way home, I felt really good about how our Sunday was going so far. What usually gets us, is AFTER church. It's still Sunday, so we still need to honour the day right? On our way home, we are trying to figure out what we're gonna eat for dinner. I forgot to take out the chicken to defrost it. So on and on we talk about what we're gonna do when we get home and each time I ask Alma, "So what are we gonna eat?" Eventually he says, "Sushi?" I should've said, "NO." But I didn't. Needless to say our attempt at keeping today holy has failed. As of now, I am blogging and my eternal companion is playing the Wii. We really need to get better at this.

3 comments:

  1. uh...yeah...try harder next time...usually me and sai try to just stay away from all the things that tempt us...I figure that planning is the best way to do it...so saturday night start planning for sunday's...it's so hard and sometime you'll fail but when you don't it's really nice feeling...yesterday we failed to...we went to the restaurant with the Kennach Clan for Sandy's baby blessing...ugh...we were hungry. good luck next time you guys can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stomach problems???? threw up not once but twice??? is someone pregnant??? hmm... lol love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is unacceptable behavior sis. toelupe. go slap yourself...then turn to your husband and slap him. lol. who am i kidding? i don't think i EVER keep the sabbath day holy. but i think pa'aga gave a great suggestion. plan, plan, plan.

    and thanks for reminding me about that book. i still haven't read it. i think because i don't want to be responsible for the things i know. i'm okay with being ignorant. lol.

    ReplyDelete