Toga's Ramblings

I'm a Samoan girl named Toga. Thanks for that, Dad.

Friday, May 15, 2009

exercise day two

Another beautiful, sunny day here in Salem. Another opportunity for us to go out and walk at the waterfront. We got dressed and headed out. Everything was fine during our walk, until my left calf started to tighten. We stopped so that I could stretch it out. Of course all the while I'm doing this, Alma tells me, "See hon, that's why it's important for you to stretch BEFORE you start walking." So supportive this guy. :) After my stretch, we continue to walk, but my leg just kept hurting. Of course we get to the parking lot and Alma asks me if we're gonna keep going to the bridge like yesterday. "NO. I'm done. My leg hurts." was my reply. "Really?" was his reply. He shakes his head, tells me I should work through the pain. I laugh and shake my head and politely tell him to keep going while I wait. "NO, babe we're a team." So we hope into our car and head to the grocery store to buy stuff for the house. Our half an hour walk took only 20 mins. today. However, we did do alot of walking around the dollar tree and Winco. So I think we'll call it even today. :) Tomorrow is going to be better. At least I hope it will. lol.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for you two!! Keep it up and it's good that Alma is encouraging and supportive...although at times I know it can be annoying as heck, especially when you just don't want to do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the walk and a half. even if you didn't make it as far as you wanted...it's better than sitting on the couch doing nothing. I'm excited for you and your husband's new active lifestyle. the first day,week,month,year of it always sux. But when you see the rewards it'll be worth it I'm sure. I've got to get a new walking buddy... lili always turns me down. wish pa'aga was here with her skinny ankles to walk with me :(.

    ReplyDelete