Toga's Ramblings

I'm a Samoan girl named Toga. Thanks for that, Dad.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

My answer for Lili's blog..."cook with love"

Okay, so after reading Lili's blog I felt a little guilty for not cooking for my husband. He works 5 nights a week and still manages to make sure that I'm taken care of. The least I can do is cook him dinner, right? Well, the two things I can actually make he doesn't care for ; sua moa and baked chicken. Apparently he ate it too much when he was a kid and now cannot stand the stuff. His bad for marrying a girl who only knows how to cook those two things. :)
I do make sure he has eats, has clean clothes on, and blah, blah, blah. However, when it comes to a nice home cooked meal that is where my "wifely duties" are lacking. A caring wife would learn how to cook other things. Foods her husband actually enjoys. I choose not to. Not because I don't care about my husband. But because I don't really like cooking. I used to "cook with love" for my family in Washington, but have long since lost that "love" for cooking. In fact, I can't really stand it.
Today Alma cooked us dinner. I felt a little guilty, but then I quickly got over that. Why? Well, today while he was cooking dinner, I was mowing the lawn. I realize that is a great trade, right?!? Alma can cook while I mow the lawn! I don't mind doing it since it only takes about 15min. to do it. :) Maybe one day I'll find that "love" for cooking and try to make something for my hubby he actually will eat. :) But until then, our lawn will be SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!! :-D

4 comments:

  1. i think your missing the point my dear. the reason you have to mow the lawn is because...YOU'RE A MAN!!!! It's PART of your job description/husbandly duties. Bwahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with FATSO..bwahahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. or you can be superwoman and do the lawn and cooking! Just a thought, then you get to come to WA more often cause you do so much there...get it? It's a trade thing. I do everything or try so that I get everything I want...is that selfish or just compromise...not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with fatso and your sister...so MANLY!!!
    BAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete