Toga's Ramblings

I'm a Samoan girl named Toga. Thanks for that, Dad.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

LIFE.

Found out this morning about the passing of a young father/husband. Death has been this young father's certain outcome. But does it make us anymore prepared for it? How does one come to grips with their own mortality? I have often thought of this young man and wondered what is going through his mind. Was he afraid to die? Was he sad he had to leave his young family behind? Was he angry that his life is being cut short? Or was he ready to go back home? Was he happy because he was so sure of his eternal salvation? Dear Father, please comfort this family. Please help them remember thy eternal plan. Please help them feel thy presence near. Please, please, please watch over this young mother and children.
It is a known fact that death comes to us all. We do not know when it will come or how it will come; but it will come. With this knowledge, does it change how we live? Lately I have been thinking of death; my death. Am I ready? With that question comes a swift and firm, "no." I have so much I need to "perfect" before my time comes. I have so many more "i love you's" to tell my husband. Now that I'm married, concern for MY eternal salvation has turned into concern for OUR eternal salvation. It is my hope and prayer that when our time comes we will greet our mortality with happiness and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment