Toga's Ramblings

I'm a Samoan girl named Toga. Thanks for that, Dad.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy...take two.

Alma and I have decided to try harder to keep the sabbath day holy. Last week was our first and well...we failed. ugh. All week I was hyping myself up for this coming Sunday. I knew that it was Mother's Day and we were gonna be in Tacoma with our family. I immediately thought our goal was not going to be met. I thought I was gonna go to the store to buy more stuff we forgot to get for our dinner. Or go buy me a new dress Sunday morning, because I am too fat to fit my clothes now. Saturday night we were home before midnight AND we decided to stay home and not go out, because it was too late and we had to get ready for Sunday. :)
We got ready and made it to church. Not so much on time, but still was able to catch the entire sacrament program. I was bummed that we had just missed sacrament. I was disappointed with myself because we were late. Idk why I didn't think to iron our church clothes the night before, or make Alahzei take a bath before she went to bed. So I found myself running around Sunday morning trying to do a million things at once; make mom's mother's day breakfast, clean the kitchen, help Mua cook the food for tona'i, give Alahzei a bath, make Alahzei breakfast, make Alma breakfast, get Alahzei ready for church, iron Alma's clothes, iron my clothes, make sure mom looks BEAUTIFUL because today is her day :), figure out how to sew because there's a hole in my husband's church pants, shower, get dressed. phew! The whole time I'm doing all this, I'm wondering why I didn't do all this the night before? I'm thinking, "wow, this is hard! how do mom's do this?" 
We get to church and have a good day. We come home and have our dinner and spend time with family. The T.V. was on because my bro-in-law was watching his soccer game. Usually I would just turn on the T.V. and watch a show regardless of the sabbath day. But NOT today! yay! We were able to get through Sunday without going to the store, watching T.V., or going online. :)
We go to bed that night and talk about things we need to do to better keep the Sabbath Day Holy. Although we were able to refrain from our usual M-Sat activities that day, I still struggled to keep myself spiritually availble. Our Sunday was a big improvement from last week's. We've still got things to work on and are looking forward to being successful at reaching our goal. Yay for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment