Toga's Ramblings

I'm a Samoan girl named Toga. Thanks for that, Dad.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

LIVING WITH HPD...lol!

Alahzei walks out the door pulling her mini Dora suitcase. Bottom lip hanging, fighting back the tears. "Alahzei wait. I wanna give you a hug." She stops, tears are now in full effect. "I love you Zei. Thank you for coming to my house. Honey, don't cry. I know. You'll be back. I love you, okay?" She nods her head, still crying and makes her way to the Jeep.
"Leila, give aunty a kiss." Leila leans forwards, "Mwuaaah! Lahhhv you!" "I love you, too baby."
Hugs and kisses given, I love you's exchanged, and one by one they get into the Jeep. Bags, blankets&pillows, footballs pads, shoes, and purses are crammed to the top in the back. Last minute "I love you's, are you okay to drive?, and say a prayer!" were exchanged. We stop for a minute for prayer and off they go! And just like in April, I stood in the driveway waving, yelling my good-byes and fighting back my tears. I go to my room, lay in my bed, cry, my husband comforts me, I plead with the Lord to please, please, PLEASE watch over them. I fall asleep. When I wake, my eyes are little puffy from crying, I call Paaga to see if they got home okay; they did. :) I hang up, get a text from Ebony. I cry. I blog. I cry while I blog.
Will this ever cycle ever end?!? I know people are reading this thinking, "uh, they're only 3 hours away girl. Quit you're cryin'!" I know that. My brain knows that. My heart? Not so much. As long as I am not living in Tacoma, I will ALWAYS miss them. I just wonder if it will ever get easier. I actually thought being away from them was getting easier for me. Today's events just flushed that thought down the toilet. lol. As I finish off this blog, I begin to think of how so many memories we've made with only you guys staying for one night! I laugh remembering how "Peedus and Living with HPD" will always make me think of your visit. Thank you so much for coming. Thank you for loving us. As always, we love you.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Picture of you two!!! So cute!! It is hard to be away from family-I understand. We have been away for 2 years now. I still have my hard days. I don't think it ever gets easier. Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. buck up bart! jk love you guys!

    ReplyDelete