Toga's Ramblings

I'm a Samoan girl named Toga. Thanks for that, Dad.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

GET THEE HENCE SATAN!...

Sometimes I think something is terribly wrong me. As if I'm missing a screw...or two...or three. hehe. This morning I said a prayer asking Heavenly Father to help us keep the sabbath day holy and to be mindful of His spirit. Of course, all morning I struggle with my "annoyance button". I could just feel myself getting so annoyed with Alma for very minute things! One glance over to me and seeing my eyeballs rolling or jaw clenched, and my husband's "annoyance button" would also be tested. Only he's got his "button" in check. Me? not so much. He would try and smoothe out the situation by apologizing and trying to say something funny.
I knew Satan was doing a number on me today. I knew that he knew I was struggling. That I specifically asked my Father to help me keep the sabbath day holy. To be mindful of His spirit, because I was on the borderline to just turning on the TV and not go to church. But what I also know is Heavenly Father answers prayers. That he gave me the will and the opportunity to be successful today. I know that just as hard as Satan was working on me to give up, Heavenly Father was HARDER to insure my success. I was watching Bruce Almighty a while ago and I've always remembered what Morgan Freeman said to one other character who was struggling with her prayers being answered. She had prayed for the ability to love and forgive her husband and she felt she never got it. He then told her, when the Lord answers prayers, he doesn't just GIVE people the ability to love he gives them the OPPORTUNITY to do so. Today, I remembered that and was able to utilize it. Heavenly Father gave me the opportunity to keep the sabbath day holy. He gave me the opportunity to go to church, to renew my convenants, to feel His spirit. It was up to me to partake of it, and I did. :)

2 comments:

  1. Who knew Bruce Almighty was so inspiring! :) I love that! Thanks Toga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job ATTITUDE!!!!! Lol. I see ur communicating STILL sucks. Ah well. One thing at a time huh? Haha.

    But that is a great point. It sounds like you are starting to become a master of self. I'm proud of you!! Job well done Sensei Eatalotta. Lol. Man...I totally crack myself up.

    ReplyDelete