Toga's Ramblings

I'm a Samoan girl named Toga. Thanks for that, Dad.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lunch with Paaga, Lili and the monsters. I mean, Ariel, Leila and the monsters.

So this past Monday I had lunch with Leila, Ariel and their monsters, I mean mothers. hehe. It was really nice to spend some time with Lili and Ariel. It was for an opportunity that I am grateful to have had. I miss her. I miss her sisters and her mom. I miss the boys, too. And that Uale Toa. Him and his thought provoking statements. haha.
She still cracks me up. Just listening to her when she talks, I realize that she is still the same. Her personality is still the same. So hilarious! It's a wonderful thing when people can come together after so many years of not speaking and pick up where they left off. Yes, the conversation topic has changed to something more mature like why Ariel only has one of two pigtails left in her head, or why Leila is being a creep and keeps trying to touch Ariel. Or even why Paaga has stains and a big hole in her sweats. The conversation piece does not matter, what matters is the love that was there so many years ago has found it's way back.
I know that it is only because of the Gospel that we are friends again. Knowing the power of the Atonement and being a first had witness of it's blessing has enabled me to utilize it in my life. So many things I have been forgiven for. So many more things I have been able to accomplish through His forgiveness. But there was always this one thing that I had on my shoulders. This one thing I could not let go. So when Lili and I had finally spoke via bebo (lol) the opportunity to ask for forgiveness and then RECEIVE it, was so wonderful. The weight was lifted and my life FINALLY felt more complete. I thank my Heavenly Father for all this.
So many of my memories from my youth include the Toa family. Every time I drive by Ft. Lewis I think of them. Every time I see a big burgundy and white van I think of them. lol. And every time I hear people talk about kopai I will ALWAYS think of them. lol.
Thanks for the great day girls. I love you guys.

2 comments:

  1. I think you mean a burgundy white van WITH a sunroof...that can't see the sun. And I'll let Uale Toa know that you've FINALLY found a purpose in life. Bwahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate you guys...if i would of dressed up I would have made you two look like fools...haha..plus I really, really love those sweats they are soooo comfortable, even if I did get shot...oh btw they are bleach stains...fags!

    ReplyDelete