Toga's Ramblings

I'm a Samoan girl named Toga. Thanks for that, Dad.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

married life.

We've been back here in our new home since Monday. Ajay has been with us, and so it's been great still having at least one of my sisters with me. But that is not why I write to you today. We have had ZERO hot water since we got back. So needless to say that our showers have been nothing short of FREEEEEEEEEEZING cold!!! Alma went out to the garage to try and "fix" our water heater. Shortly after going outside he comes back in and asks for my help. So I go to the garage with him and he asks me to smell around the water heater for gas. "What?!?" I don't smell anything, but I start to second guess my smelling senses, because I'm afraid I'll mess up and he'll blow us up! So now I'm on my hands and knees trying to smell for gas. I say no, but I'm still scared. I tell him don't light anything because I don't want to die. We just got married. He laughs and says, "eh, it's okay." I think to myself, "funny how he'll have a heart attack over me touching the laptop screen with my fingers, but doesn't budge at the thought of blowing his lovely bride up in smitherines" He isn't able to re-light the pilot on our water heater. We're still alive. Alma calls the water heater people (i'm sure there's an actual name for them, but I like "water heater people") and they cannot come out until Thursday. It's Monday, people! The "water heater people" rep, then continues to offer Alma the number of a private contractor who can come out ASAP. So he calls the private contractor and they agree to come out, but for a small fee that "must be paid upon arrival" (their words exactly). "okay" says my husband. "how much is this small fee?" The WHP (water heater people will now be known as "WHP") rep says, "$90.00" I hear my husband almost choke on his saliva and say, "you're going to charge me $90 just for you to come to my house and light the pilot?" I'm thinking the WHP rep says, "yes. do you want me to send them out?" My husband says, "no." then hangs up. He has decided that we will suck it up for a few days and wait until Thursday. Thank you my loving husband.

Yesterday (Wednesday) Alma paid for a hotel room just so Ajay and I could take a HOT shower. Apparently he started to feel guilty. Or he started to smell my armpits. lol. gross, I know. but still funny nonetheless. lol. So yesterday we finally took a hot shower and it WAS GREAT!!!! And I'm happy to report that my armpits are smelling just fine.

This morning (thursday) the WHP worker came out and lit our pilot light for the water heater. Yay!!! No more FREEEEZING cold showers!!!! So I am even more happy to report that my husband will no long fall victim to my smelly armpits. That is, unless I do not utilize our hot water. lol.

4 comments:

  1. nothing like being stinky when ur first married. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUK! Thats all I have to say...cause I know what those armpits smell like and yuk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 90 dollars just to light up a pilot light? next time call me and i will tell you how to do that on the phone, then send me the 90 dollars......

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol@iakopo. i know we're in a recession, but dang! hehe.

    ReplyDelete