Toga's Ramblings

I'm a Samoan girl named Toga. Thanks for that, Dad.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Today was a good day.

Today was a full day of family time. Earlier this afternoon the Lata's came over. So did Mosiah and the two little girls. Alma made us lunch and we hung out and talked while the kids played around. It was nice. After the Lata's left, Alma and I got to spend more time with little Tesi and baby Stella. Mosiah, too. Anyone who knows me, knows that I have a hard time with children. When I say "hard" I really mean "like" lol. Don't get me wrong. I think children are beautiful and they are wonderful blessings and I hope to have one or two some day. hehe. It's when their being MONSTERS that I have a hard time remembering they're beautiful and wonderful blessings. But mostly when the children are not Leila, Maxi, Zei, Jeffrey, Xavier, Xander, or Briggy. That's when I have a hard time. I am in love with these kids. And when they're being MONSTERS, I let them know and I tell them to freakin' HUSH UP! I can't do that with other kids. It's not right. And I am all about doing what's right! haha.
So when the kids come over I take a deep breath and tell myself, they're beautiful and they're wonderful blessings. hehe. When I saw how my husband lit up when he saw Tesi and Stella, it melted my heart. I saw how much he adored these girls and was reminded of how much I am in love with my kids back home.
He was singing Barney songs while playing the guitar. Watching Tesi sing along and dance reminded me of when Zei was her age and going through her Barney stage. It was so cute. Seeing Stella walking and trying to "find her base" so she doesn't fall reminded me of my Maximo. Only difference was she "found her base" alot more than my little Maxi pants. lol. I believe he's still looking for his. lol. Once she fell on her face and out of habit, I LOL'D. She's fine. Even Alma laughed. Probably out of habit at laughing at Max. hehe.
At one point during our one-on-one with the girls, Tesi (age 2) wakes up from her nap and is crying. Mosiah carries her and tries his best to soothe her. He's walking up and down the hallway, to and from the kitchen. Rocking her, singing to her, trying to figure out what is wrong with her. He got nothing. She still cries. Actually by this time, she's sobbing. So uncle Alma tries to soothe her. Nothing works. All the while I'm sitting at the dinner table, creepin' on myspace. hehe. Then I hear Alma say, "Eh, Tesi that's enough. Stop crying." I giggle to myself. Why? Because if Tesi were Leila and all this was happening. You wouldn't hear what Alma said. You'd hear something more along the lines of, "LEILA! HUSH YOUR FREAKIN' MOUTH! GOSH!" Then it may or may not be followed by a shove. lol.
The Lata's come back later that evening along with Phyllis and her family. Danny made us this AMAZING seafood pasta. It pays to have a chef in the family. We enjoyed our dinner while the kids enjoyed running around.
I was skeptical being surrounded by other people and their children other than "the crew" back home. But today was a really great day. These "other people" and "their" children are more than that. They're family.
I've always known how much Alma loves children. Anyone who knows him, knows that about him. Seeing him today with the kids ALMOST made me want to have kids, now. lol! j/k. Today was a good day.

3 comments:

  1. awoii toga ur so funny i luv readin ur blogs they crack me up :-)
    i heart our kids lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. low blow on the pushing Leila, cause I do do that and seeing her face kills me, but for some reason I keep doing it...I'm a bad mom..ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have kids already!! you know...your being very SELFISH!! bwahahaha. and LMBO@people admitting to pushing little kids around. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete