Toga's Ramblings

I'm a Samoan girl named Toga. Thanks for that, Dad.

Monday, March 30, 2009

what, we're on a budget?


Alma and I are new to this marriage. There a lots of things we have to "adjust" to. For instance, I've never had to worry about making a mortgage payment. I haven't had a car payment in so long, because I own my car. I don't have to make insurance payments, because I don't have any. lol. The only bills I've had to worry about are the electric bill, energy bill, and sewer bill. And whatever else bill I have to pay from my previous idiot-ness haha. Either way, it's never added up to a mortgage.

Now that we're married and his bills have turned into OUR bills and I'm gonna be honest; I'm getting a little scared! I've been spoiled in not having had the responsibility to pay for a mortgage. Now, I do. Alma and I were discussing our financial status as of today and discussing ways we need to decrease our frivilous (sp?) spending. It really boils down to QUIT EATING OUT! ugh. I guess I'll be skinny in no time, huh? hehe.

I just worry about our mortgage and having a place to live. I can deal with the no food in the house, because, well, we never had food in our house. hehe. I can even deal with the no TV. But being homeless is a thought I cannot bare. But it's not bad at all. We have been blessed a million times over. I count my blessings and am grateful that we even have a mortgage, or that my husband has a job that pays for our mortgage. I'm grateful that we are alive, healthy, and able to even discuss our options in regards to our finances. There are so many people out there who do not have a house or a job. Thank you Jesus! (mua, stop laughing at me! hehe)

So after our discussion, Alma and I decide that living on top ramen for a bit is a piece of cake! (hmm...cake. lol) We give each other high-fives and decide...eh, we can start tomorrow. Let's go eat! lmbo!!! j/k. but i wish i wasn't. hehe. i love you alma!

2 comments:

  1. I HATE budgets! lol. but amen to having a place to live over eating delicious meals lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love delicious meals and thats why we live in the ghetto...ugh...what the heck...

    ReplyDelete